Greater things

Good morning! It's Sunday of the winter retreat!

Needless to say everytime I sit down my feet rejoice! I think I passed the point of tired a week ago, i passed the point of exhaustion Friday night, but God gives us strength. Great retreats don't just happen :)

Seeing these kids have a great time, learn things about themselves, about Jesus is absolutely amazing! But watching them respond to Jesus is breathtaking!!

I have a lot of favorite moments, far too many to list them all but here are a few:
*I said "I Loveyou" to a student and their response wasn't one that one might expect, he just replied "thank you".
*both our high school and jr high bands leading worship
*watching others serve our kids whether it was making poop, making the video, putting out snacks, bringing treats, leading small groups
*kids accepting Jesus for the first time
*taking 4 beautiful girls for a little outing
*countless hugs
*praying with one of "my girls" as she stood up to accept the greater things God has called her to
*not running out of food

It really was an amazing weekend!!!
Some people might have thought I was a little nuts asking for sponsorships to our winter retreat for my birthday in lieu of a gift, (not to sound cliche) but what better gift could I have ever had this to see kids come to know Jesus and accept the call on their life?

And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up. (Galatians 6:9 ESV)





Comments