Here I am



Psalm 18:2 The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.


There have been some tough moments for me in the last few months. I have been stressed about work, home, lots of stuff. Today I saw a video, that absolutely blew my mind. I have seen (and done) a lot of things in my life that I wish I hadn’t, however, I stand here saying “but by the grace of God go I”.

I would put the video up, but I was appauled, and so I can only imagine what some of you might think. Vile.

The first thing I thought “thank You Jesus for delivering me from that”. Maybe you might think that I am dramatic of the things I’ve seen over the years or the things I’ve put up with in order to provide for my family, I’m not nor did I.

Maybe you think that I’m one of those “goody two shoes” kind of Christians, well, quite frankly, if you see that, you don’t know me, at all. I am no more or less jacked up than anyone else. I just know that I am forgiven and His grace covers me like a cloak.

I sit here, thankful. Thankful for Jesus. Thankful for knowing the Love of a Savior that I don’t deserve. I’m thankful for the things I’ve stepped out into obedience because He said “go” and I’m thankful for the things He dun snatched me up out of :) And I’m even thankful for the muck that He let me wallow in until it was time for me to make the choice to get out of.

The things I’ve seen doesn’t make me judgemental towards anyone else, it makes me want to run harder and faster towards those who don’t know Jesus so that they can meet Him. So they can see that if He loves me, He will love them too! It makes me want to do whatever God says to bring them closer, even if it means I look like a complete dork making scripture cards for a Winter Retreat and 9 trips to target for highlighters. If it means that I have to put my pride aside to tell someone what I’ve done so they will think “they are not as bad as me” and maybe Jesus could love them too. If it means I go to a foreign land, or hop on a freeway near me. If it means that I have to stop, and listen, on my craziest day.

Well. HERE I AM, SEND ME!

Isaiah 6:8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Comments

Megan said…
This IS my prayer. This has been my prayer. And I am so humbled that God would use me even in the smallest way. Awesome Margie.
Diane said…
My Daddy's favorite Scripture verse, one by which he worked hard to live. Sweet Sister, you are such an inspiration to me and to countless others. Your heart is open and your spirit is available....two of the most precious words our Lord wants to hear from His people.....open and available. I love you, Margie. Thank you for teaching me how to love like He loves. I am forever changed because you are in my life.