I'm in love

It's been a busy week. We are 6 days away from our winter retreat. There is much to do before. Things don't just happen lol

Now normally by this time I can't even stand myself I'm so nuts. This year it's so different. I've intentionally stayed absolutely connected to Jesus. And... Drum roll please... I've asked for help! Gasp! I have to tell you, this asking for help thing.... Well I should have done it years ago, why didn't anyone tell me? Ha!!
Yesterday I started to panic because I thought I should be stressed. Then I realized that is just stupid.
Today during "how great thou art" I couldn't help but praise Him.
Thank You for Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Gentleness, Faithfulness, Goodness, which leads to having Self control. Chains be broken!

I have loved Jesus through every retreat. But there's a difference. Here's the truth. I'm only serving Jesus. I am not fearful of letting anyone down, I'm not involved in things like transportation that stress me out. And when people ask me I say "I have no idea that doesn't concern me". Truth is, I could totally get worked up, but it's not my concern and I'd be too fearful of letting someone down if I even thought about it let alone tried to figure out if its all set. In other words, I'm minding my own business! Haha!

Another thing is that I know that these retreats do great things in the youth of our ministry, there hearts are changed, and so I run like crazy up to the retreat, I'm crazy on the retreat, and then I'm exhausted afterwards. I literally wait for it to be over.
This year it's so different, I'm excited FOR the retreat.
I'm doing a lot of things to protect my heart. To trust God. I'm actually working on just being not doing. Remembering that if I do my best that is all I can do, and no matter what I do or don't do, I am loved and cherished, and worthy of love.

I love Jesus. You should not be surprised by that. But it's different, I'm falling more and more in love with Him everyday. I'm captivated by His love, I'm captivated by Him.

I'm in love.

My life is forever changed.

No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us. (1 John 4:12 NIV)

And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them. (1 John 4:16 NIV)

There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. We love because he first loved us. (1 John 4:18, 19 NIV)

Comments

Kristin said…
LOVE this post Margie and your amazing heart for Jesus. I am inspired by you today and wish I was closer so we could just hang out sometime!! :) Hugs friend!!