Ramblings for today!



Please allow me to ramble for a moment… And I will tell you in advance, I cannot be held responsible for any grammar, spelling, or making sense at all. It’s the week of the winter retreat.

When I would go visit my gram, we would have dinner or lunch and I would start to do the dishes and she would say “no that’s ok huney, that will be my evening’s entertainment. Last night I made tags for the kids and tonight I checked to see who had medical release forms, and I may or may not have said “it was my evening’s entertainment”. LOL Dork.

I have been on the planning committee for the winter retreat, I have spent my Saturdays making match books, buying supplies, sorting supplies, laying out tags, making lists (and checking it twice), I feel like at this point, I am as prepared as I can be. Of course, I have last minute things to do, because… well, that’s just the way it goes. I keep feeling like I’m forgetting something. Today I was working with the file, and started to panic because I couldn’t find someone’s name… the filter was on. Ugh :/ But I love my life.

I had to make a decision to do a bible study. To say yes was a good idea, to say no was a good idea. How do I make that kind of choice. It was difficult. I prayed about it. I decided not to do it. It was a bible study. I really wanted to, but quite frankly, I am already working on some stuff, hard stuff, and I didn’t want the distraction, even if it was good. Just because it’s good, doesn’t mean it’s good (or good timing) for me. So I declined. I’m happy I chose not to do it. I don’t really think I have the time. I don’t want to be distracted, and if I do it, I want it to have my full attention, not another thing “to do”.

I decided to make myself a cup of tea tonight, Passion Fruit by Tazo. SO good, my new favorite. I put it in a nice heavy mug, that reminded me of the goodness of God. A Courage coffee mug. Did you know that I often am scared to make a choice. Like if I mess it up, someone will blame me. I don’t even really like to pick where I eat dinner with people because if it goes wrong, I don’t want to be responsible. How dumb. As I drank from the cup, I took courage to know that I am exactly where God wants me to be, may not be exactly where I want to be all the time, but I am thankful that His ways are better than mine.

That’s all I got. I’m tired. Sorry about the rambling. I’m so tired, I don’t even have a song today.

Oh, wait, one more thing. As part of my Starbucks rewards (I started mid December and I’ve already gotten two free ones) you get a song from itunes. I always download them, they are free. They play sometimes when I don’t have something else selected on my phone to listen to. I actually really like them.

Ok, that’s it.

Just remember I loveyou. Always.

Sending love

Comments

Anne S. said…
Hey Dream Buddy! I've loved reading about your upcoming retreat and am praying for you! Please let me know of any specific ways I can be lifting you up, this weekend especially. Can't wait to see how God is glorified!
Kristin said…
So excited to hear how your retreat goes....it is hard for me to make a choice too...but if we pray about it God will open our hearts to His desires for us! Hugs friend!!
Jada's Gigi said…
Love you back!
Pat said…
I love you too!