A Greater Dream


What I do you cannot do; but what you do, I cannot do. The needs are great, and none of us, including me, ever do great things. But we can all do small things, with great love, and together we can do something wonderful.” ~Mother Teresa


I’m always dreaming. I never would have imagined that in 2007 on my first mission trip that I would dream and imagine and be a part of the planning team of our Detroit Mission Trips. I feel so honored and blessed to get to be part of it.

When I dream about our trip I think of the limitations that our ministry has (like a camp that can hold us all) or the fact that as our group grows we run into the limitation of where we stay for our mission trips. If I know our limitations and our strengths, it makes the trip better and more successful.

We can’t be the only ones with these limitations.

What can this single mom do about these limitations?
Not much.

But God.

I have not given up on my dream of owning an apartment building for families.

But as I was praying this morning about a place for us to stay when we go on our Detroit Mission Trip and I was envisioning groups coming from all over the United States to come to Detroit and bring Jesus.

What if…

I started a non-profit. Chosen by Him.

What if I got a building. Either donated or I got the money donated.

What if in this building there was two amazing kitchens, stocked with pots, pans, serving utensils.

A gym (with plenty of showers for mission trips)

A climate controlled place for groups to sleep. (I’d break it up minimally into 4 large spaces. Boys/Girls, Jr High/High School)

It would have computers, craft rooms

Oh, and let me add I’d love a theatre.

I’d love for it to be a place a lot bigger than a mission trip flop place. I’d love for it to be a place where children can come and know they are Chosen by God.

A place where those who excel at sports, can play sports. Those who love to perform, can perform, those who need help in school, get the help they need.

A place where people can feed people food and the spiritual food they need. What if it was a place of gathering for other ministries.

If only…

If only I was willing to take a small step.
It means I have to be brave.
It means I have to ask for help.
I’m praying for direction, praying for being brave. Praying to know my strengths (from Jesus) and my weaknesses (those are other people’s strengths).

2 Cor 12:9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.

It reminds me of the movie “field of dreams”. If you build it, they will come.

If God gives me the vision, and I am faithful in small things, He will be faithful in the big things.

Matthew 25:23 "The master said, 'Well done, my good and faithful servant. You have been faithful in handling this small amount, so now I will give you many more responsibilities. Let's celebrate together!'



Comments

Kristin said…
Amazing idea and so filled with passion - it is inspiring!! I am praying with you and for you friend!!