Do you have a dream?


What keeps you from living out your dreams?

Is it that you've failed at things before?
Is it that people have made you feel like a loser?
Has someone actually said to you you'd never amount to anything?
Do your own insecurities bind you?
Do the poor choices of your past make you believe that you don't deserve to live out your dream?
Do you believe that others were destined for greatness but not you, maybe you even believe that God loves others more than you?
Did you have big dreams?
Do you think it’s too late for you?

I don’t remember anyone ever believing that I could be anything. As much as I wanted to be someone important, I just never felt important. I never felt like I mattered, and I certainly never felt valued.

Not long after I was saved God told me that I’d be a speaker and I’d write a book.

Now, that sounds awesome, doesn’t it? Except who would read a book by me? And what could I have to say that would be worth listening to?

Well, the good news for me, and probably for you, that God gave me those dreams, so that succeeding is a lot bigger than me.

And God created us (you and me) for something bigger than anything we could dream of!

In Psalm 37:4 it says Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart.

I used to think that meant that what I desired, God would give me if I took delight in Him, however, not that long ago, my heart changed, if I took delight in Him, my heart would be given His desires for my life. Doesn’t that just change so much?

I’d like you to know something, it’s really important. So if there’s a lot going on around you, I want you to stop, breathe, and I want you to really take this in…

You are beautiful.

You are loved by God.

You are valuable.

You are chosen.

You are important.

You are worthy.

You matter.

Now, if you’re anything like me, you might be crying right now. I had to say while looking in the mirror “I am beautiful, I am chosen by God, I am worthy” for the first three days, I teared up and wondered if I’d ever believe that about myself.

What would I say to someone else with the same dreams as me? I’d say go for it! I’d say that when the world is loud. So loud, that you can’t seem to hear God. I want you to focus. You know how when you’re in a large crowd, and you’re listening to your best friend, and no matter what is going on around you, you’re focused on your best friend and what he or she is saying? Do that same thing with God. The world is loud, we’ve got to take time and really focus on what God wants for our lives.He loves you, and no matter how loud the world gets, stop and listen to Him. Don’t be too busy to listen. He’s got great things to speak over you.

I’d like to say to you, that sometimes our dreams seem so GINORMOUS that they are out of our reach and sometimes, they might seems small that they don’t matter. But let me assure you, your dream is perfectly sized for you.

I'd also say don't let anything stop you!  Don't let any past failures or the things that people have said to you, or they way they've made you feel stop you, let your value come from the One who made you, who loves you more than anyone else could ever love and value you!!

Keep dreaming my friend, stay connected to God, listen to what He says, and do it!

He has great plans for you!!

Jer 29:11-13 11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

This is a great book to begin trekking out your dreams



Comments