Feeling and finding freedom

I know that when I struggle it's because I'm usually fighting against what God has for me and I'm being selfish.
Thursday I found myself completely singing the meme song. And you know what happens when I sing the meme song? I don't talk, sing, or worship Jesus.
I was feeling lonely, anxious, I was overwhelmed in so many ways.
The world tells me that it's all about me. Survival of the fittest. Get mine.
I felt awful!!! My brain even went back to co-dependent thinking. And I caught myself. And I prayed to God to change my heart. And I went to bed.
I knew enough to shut my big fat mouth.
No glory was going to go to God if I opened my mouth. I was gonna have I say I was sorry for something I shouldn't have said. And I know that the words I said could have lasting impact telling lies to others. So I shut up.
I new joy would come in the morning if I shut up, well, it would come either way but its more joyful if I keep quiet.

I know people think I'm always crazy busy but I really have been slowing down. I will tell you, busy is easier, slowing down allows time to feel, which sometimes hurts. I am learning to ask myself the source of my feelings and hurt. In the hurt, comes great freedom!

Glory to God!

Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed. (John 8:36 NKJV)

Comments