Passion



Passion is a gritty kind of love, tough and

optimistic enthusiasm that overcomes negativity and inconvenience to make it

through to the end. (10,000 Reasons Overflow)


Thursday, March 28, 2013

Fundraiser opportunity

The story behind the shirts

I am selling t-shirts to raise money for my 2.5 week trip to Haiti. What? 2.5 weeks? 

Do you remember? I never wanted to travel outside the United States. I'm not that sure I really ever wanted to travel outside the great state of Michigan! And I've said it before, I used to say "if God calls me to an overseas mission trip, I'm hanging up". And then one day, He called. Water to El Salvador. I didn't think, I didn't pray, I just said "yes!" I certainly didn't want to go to Haiti!

Then it happened, god changed the shape of my heart to the country of Haiti! My plan: bring clean water to the beautiful people of Haiti. His plan: have me fall in love with orphans in Haiti. 

When I got to Haiti I thought "ohmyword what have You called me to?"
And then I prayed. And my heart changed. I fell so fast and deeply in love with Haiti. The land, the people. Pure and true love!

I entered a raffle and won 20 free shirts(standard sizes). I WON!!!!  I'm selling them to raise money for my trip! So the first 20 that I sell, 100% of the money goes towards my trip. After that its about 50% which is awesome!!! The price of the shirts is $15 (+$2 for 2xl and shipping if I need to ship it to you).

I'm taking preorders until April 7, 2013 :)



No comments: