Homemade Chocolate Sauce

Its kind of a weird thing, when I serve others, I don't like to buy everything, I actually like to make it from scratch.  Call me crazy but it means that sometimes it takes a little longer but it also means that the food tastes better.  (at least that's what it seems like).

I know that some things like chocolate sauce can be purchased so cheap in the store, but there is something about knowing that you love the people you are serving, and so... I make homemade.

My friends and I are serving at one of our favoritest places, and I'm in charge of the ice cream social (HA!) which really just means I'm in charge of bringing the sundae stuff.  I'm only calling it an ice cream social because it sounds churchy and I think it's funny!  So I am bringing Sprinkles (can't make those homemade), cherries (can't make those homemade), ice cream (I guess technically I could make this homemade but I'm not), and chocolate sauce (HA!  FINALLY something I can make homemade).

So, here is the recipe I trying.

Chocolate Sauce

2/3 c unsweetened cocoa

1 1/3 c white sugar
1 c milk
1 t vanilla

In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine cocoa, sugar and water. Bring to a boil and let boil 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.

Comments