Saturday Ramblings

I woke up this morning at 5:45 without my alarm. It’s my day off and I really didn’t want to get moving too early, however, I have this weird thing, once I’m up, I’m moving, whether I like it or not. I have learned that God wired me this way, and I like it. I get a lot done and when I embrace it, I get a lot done and don’t find myself stressed out because I get things done.


It reminds me of Proverbs 31:15 She gets up while it is still night; she provides food for her family and portions for her female servants because to me, the beginning of the day is the best part. I am totally a morning person! I love the morning, even when we were in New York, I got up early, just to walk the streets, even before Starbucks was open, I just walked down the streets, even one day I went to Central Park and just enjoyed the morning as God painted me a sunrise.

I had some computer work to do so it was perfect I didn’t even have to do much that required effort. I had some things to talk to God about, so while my house was quiet, it was a perfect time for talking (and listening).

As the morning was revealed got my house cleaned, ministry done, prayer! It feels great to get things done, it feels good to just “be” sometimes.

I’m not going to lie, I miss having my house cleaned, but I’ll be honest, I never felt really all that great about having it cleaned. It made me feel like I just couldn’t get it all done, thus making me feel like a failure. Even when my daughter was younger, my house was cleaned, so why now, would I think I need it cleaned. I am getting my ducts cleaned out so I hope it cuts down on the dust around here, because really that’s the worst part of having hard wood floors, I waver back and forth about wanting to see what they look like, and not wanting to know, I am sure they’ve never been cleaned before (and my house was built in 1951-gross!!!). Cleaning my house isn’t my favorite thing in the world, but having a clean house is nice!!

I spent the afternoon in the D with my friend Sam. We had lunch and went to Eastern Market and picked up a bunch of veggies and later I will go and pick up some chicken for the week (I can’t wait to get my Zaycon Chicken order!!) and I plan on grilling this week! On our way home I renewed my membership at Powerhouse so I can start getting back in shape along with training, maybe this year I won’t run a marathon, but I will someday! I purchased a deal on Groupon for $89 year but I actually never signed up (ugh!) so I could use the cash value towards another membership – so right now they are running a $99 special for the year, so it only cost me $10 for the year membership. I’m pretty excited about getting to the gym again (that’s probably weird, but whatever!) in addition to using my elliptical at home! I also found a protein drink for the mornings (see below).

I’ll tell you that I’m a little nervous about running again, since I had that stress fracture and my feet have been hurting, so I’ve got to be careful and just work steady. But my favorite song to run to was “feel good drag” by Anberlin , it was the song that started off every run before, and as I walked into Powerhouse, guess what was playing? Yes. As if God said to me “yes, it’s time”.

So here I go to enjoy the rest of my weekend!

May you feel God’s presence in your life today and everyday!

Sending love!




Protein Breakfast Drink

1 Cup Skim Milk
2 TBSP Protein Powder
1TBSP Peanut Butter
1 Medium Banana
Ice, if desired

Servings Per Recipe: 1
Amount Per Serving
Calories: 399.2
Total Fat: 10.2 g
Cholesterol: 4.9 mg
Sodium: 213.3 mg
Total Carbs: 54.6 g
Dietary Fiber: 5.8 g
Protein: 28.6 g

Comments