Feeling so blessed

This post is kind of crazy rambling... But my heart is overflowing

Sometimes I find myself in places that I'm stunned by.

Tonight I had dinner with two amazing friends at Flemings truthfully we were like fish out of water lol but when in Rome put your pinky in the air and take a drink :) and make your waitress smile!

Thinking over my life and thinking about the way God has loved me even when I didn't follow Him. He is certainly faithful. Thinking about the days o mac&cheese and corn, thinking about the months when Phyllis had prescriptions that cost $350 a month, once I had to put $.88 in my gas tank because I wasn't going to be paid until the next day and I was going to run out of gas.
And now, I can give when there is a need. It reminds of the quote by Anne frank "No one has ever become poor by giving". What good is it to have anything if you don't give?

I am thinking of the things I'm lucky enough to be involved in, the people that I'm so lucky just to say hi to and they love me, that's just nuts. I completely feel like its me who is the lucky one... And they are thanking me.
I was talking about the song "I once knew a woman" from the song cycle Edges (btw, if you ever get the chance to see this musical, don't walk, RUN to go see it, cancel whatever you got going!!! )
I wish so much that I can be that woman in that song

I once knew a woman who tried to keep going
Who made more of life than what she had been dealt
A woman who raised a city of children
Who never got back or got asked how she felt
I once knew a woman who had a laugh just like thunder
And hands that can wipe away anyone’s tears
A women’s whose life wasn’t measured by time
Who stayed the same age despite passing years

http://youtu.be/tfVFvCGVmus

I often think we have been given the incredible gift of giving. Sometimes it goes unnoticed or unappreciated and really that shouldn't matter because to whom much is given much is required. I hate that whole "Christianese" stuff when we compare the gift of the cross and how much we take that for granted. Honestly I know I take it for granted. I know I do, but I've been blessed with a heart that likes to give. And I'm gonna have to remember that when I see that kid on 75 in my city begging. (I'm gonna start bringing him a sandwich or something). The love that we share today is carried on in the hearts of others. I think of all the people who gave to me, who prayed for me, who are the stars in my sky, and I can't help but want to give.
I think of the Saviour, who did indeed sacrifice His life for mine. Nothing is really a sacrifice compared to that.

I'm so blessed. My life is so full, even on my weakest days, I will always have been, and always will be, the lucky one.

Sending love.

Luke 12:48 But the one who does not know and does things deserving punishment will be beaten with few blows. From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked.


Comments