Freedom

Something has gone terribly wrong with love in our world.

Those words are ringing true in my heart. It's been a really weird week.

This past week I've had people say some of the rudest things to me. It's a weird thing to have people act the way i used to act and really it's quite sad.
I know that God is going to do some big things in the lives of "my kids" for the next few weeks. It's the sex and dating series and it's one of my favorite series we do, and it the scariest because i know how hard the pain from sexual sin can be on my life. I found myself praying for some of the girls. I don't want them to struggle all their lives with it.

This is a hard series for me. Because its my biggest struggle. And I'm working on getting to the root of that struggle so that I can pull it out and not struggle any longer! I will be free!! Completely free!

here's the thing, nothing can keep me bound up because Jesus is the key to set me (and everyone else) free!

This subject is actually hard to talk about because it brings up a lot of horrible feelings, it reminds me of many poor choices and a lot of feelings attached to those choices.

I have found such healing by Jesus. He loves me enough to not only free me from my sin, but my shame too. He's taught me by His example of forgiveness of the things in the past that have been done to me.

He is the answer for all things.

So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. (John 8:36 NIV)

Comments