Prayer and Fasting

I have been praying a long time about doing a fast, a food fast. Mostly because, honestly, I just didn’t want to go without food. How about that for some honesty.


I have been deciding what to do. I know that not having nutrients would be disasterous for me since I work and need to always be on my game. Someone I love and trust suggested I do the Dr. Oz 3 day fast. I looked it over and decided it’s definitely do-able. Though I am a little nervous because I’ve only done a juice fast one other time in my life, and although this is different I am worried about being in the bathroom all the time as my body “detoxes”. I’m also planning on doing this for longer than 3 days, I am praying for 2 weeks to 1 month. Not sure yet. I think the first step is the hardest one. I did my best to buy organic items, I couldn’t find everything but I did my best! I’m going to Trader Joe’s today after work so I can get more things for the weeks ahead! I am really going to do whatever I can to really make the switch over to organic, it means we might have to cut out something else, but all these new things being introduced (GMOs) kind of scare me!

I stepped on the scale this morning and was the heaviest I’ve been in awhile. I know that I have been “stuffing” some feelings down with food lately, and I just got back from a wonderful vacation weekend and we ate too much for sure! Which vacation is what it is… but eating as a form of comfort is not ok. I brought my journal so as I do this, and when I have a struggles or feelings I have a place to write things down. I may be sharing some of those things, but I will tell you, I WILL break free from these chains of “stuffing”. I have had enough and God not only has the key to break these chains that bind me, He IS the key!

Started with my grateful journal this morning! It’s going to be a busy week (I have now learned to hate that! I like having time to just relax and recharge but sometimes it is necessary).

Reading Joshua this day!

Josh 1:9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.”
Updated at 1PM

So… I’m doing this detox/fast thing.  I decided to keep a journal on how I’m feeling, where my heart is…
And I can tell you, that I am overwhelmed with thankfulness that I don’t have to worry about where my next meal is.  I was really hungry about 11AM.  I decided to spend my lunch hour (that I don’t need now) praying, taking a nap (15 min), talking to a friend  who God gave such a great vision!!, I worked on some things, and God has been revealing all day to me that I am to do JUST what He says.  Don’t try to do it on my own, don’t do something just because I think I should.  And if I do too many things I don’t do them with excellence, and then I beat myself up!  His plan, His timing = good!
It’s amazing the things that can get done when I’m focused and how my heart lines up with His!  Just amazing!  HA! (who would have thought!)
I have to say that doing this Dr. Oz thing isn’t so bad, so far, the drinks have been DELICIOUS!!!  Though the green one looks kind of weird!  (I’m not a big fan of Dr. Oz, often I feel like one thing he says one day contradicts the thing he said the day before).



Comments

Kristin said…
I will be praying for you!! I can't imagine ever giving up carbs...I just love them!! :)