The last couple days... some guidance!

Well, I just finished my favorite smoothie of my day, it’s a yummy fruit one. I almost puked trying to drink that lunch one. I just can’t take the texture.


I can tell you, I’ve been hungry almost all day.

God’s been saying a lot… a lot of “be more like Me”. Which used to make me freak out and make me feel like such a failure. But now, something is different, it makes me grow. It makes me thankful that He loves me and wants what’s best for me (for me to be more like Him) and even though I have some of those “ugh” moments and I slap my forehead when I mess up, I kind of feel like a kind who can go sit on their parents lap and just talk about it. That’s pretty cool.

I’m also learning to take a compliment. I used to really suck at it. So much so that I have a friend who says “you’re my hero” just to tease me! Only one person can actually get away with that, so if it hasn’t been you, don’t go trying to do something crazy, I’ll get my spoon! I don’t take the compliment so much because of who I am, but because of who He so it’s almost like taking a compliment for someone else LOL.

I have at least one more day of this stupid Dr. Oz detox which honestly has only made me tired and hungry… and not a lot of “detoxing” if you know what I mean. I might switch up a couple of these smoothies for some other green ones that I have found online with similar ingredients. I can’t be puking because I’m drinking something gross.

I’m also really rocked by going organic. The problem is that I get so freaked out about replacing everything in my cupboards all at once! And then there is the freezer. Can you say overwhelming!?!?!

So I’ve decided that I am not going to throw the baby out with the bathwater. I’m going to start by going shopping and slowly replacing things, like today, Trader Joe’s had organic taco shells on sale. So I picked up 6 boxes (we eat quite a bit of tacos) and I got some frozen fruit that was organic for smoothies. We don’t have a good place super local for frozen organic fruit. I also picked up some organic lemons and limes, though some say that lemons and limes are not on the list of things that must be organic, but they were only 20 cents more, and I don’t have to worry about weird fungicides that have been deemed “safe” but those same people say Aspartame is “safe”.

Organic food tastes better, it’s better for me and my daughter, so we will slowly get there. One step at a time. It’s something I’ve been praying about doing for awhile, just need some guidance. And thankfully I have a dear friend who is providing for her family. I am going to start slowly and follow her lead!

Comments