Things are changing!

Yesterday I heard a song by Mikeschair called “all I can do” and I don’t know, sometimes I am so overwhelmed by the greatness of God that I can’t even express it. I just know that my heart is changed. And there isn't anything I can ever do to thank God for all He has done in my life!




If He never did another thing, I would love Him no matter what. It seems that it’s easy to praise Him when things are great, like when you think you are going to have to pay thousands of dollars on your taxes and it’s no where near that. I would have praised Him even if I had to pay (but I am super thankful I don’t!!!)

There is something about having God calm my life. Sometimes I long for the “big” moments, you know, those kind of miracles that blow your socks off. The kind where we trust God so much that we lower our friend in from the roof and know that He will heal them (Luke 5). Or we walk up with a fish sandwich (Matthew 14) and we feed a gazillion people. I don’t want to miss the miracles in my life, I want to be so thankful that I can’t help but see them ALL!

Yesterday I started praying about all the things that we need donated for the Detroit Mission Trip and quite frankly we need a lot of things because we do everything we can to keep the cost per person so cheap, truly, without donations, we’d never make our budget (everyone thinks our lead pastor is so cheap, our Youth Pastor isn’t far behind him LOL). We need shovels, brooms, garbage bags, food. It’s nuts! But “somehow” we make it happen!! I posted yesterday that we needed 10 brooms, and within seconds, 5 were donated! What?! That’s amazing! If you saw all the cereal in my basement, you’d crack up, and I know that if I asked, more would be coming!! Those are some great things.

But I don’t want to miss the miracle of rain (especially when it doesn’t come up in your basement!), I don’t want to miss the warmth of the sunshine, and the yumminess of blueberries, the bible study, followed by my friend date. I don’t want to miss the miracle of providing pizza every week for Fuel. The miracle of my car starting every morning, or the over abundance of things collected for the mission trips. Endless toothpaste samples, and free toothbrushes. Let me not miss the everyday miracles, in the bubbles of a sink full of dishes because we have food.

Let me not miss the kind of peace that I’ve never had in my life before. Let me not forget the kind of love that I never thought I’d feel when I put my hand in his. Let me not forget the miracle of caffeine! Let me not miss any of it. I want to (and I do!) live a life of thankfulness that I never miss a thing.

I know people are waiting for “it” to wear off, that moment when I become so frustrated that I “lose” it. You know how I know they are waiting, I see their faces, and sometimes I wait for it myself, but honestly, I think I lost my “loose your mind” edge. I think I have even lost the meanness I could possess when someone was a jerk to me. At first, I was like “oh no” and then… I thought about it, and my heart lept a giant “Yippee!!”. It’s the weirdest, greatest thing ever! Well, maybe not EVER, but it’s super great! (I’m still in shock that I don’t swear!)

To be in every moment with a thankful heart, my view has completely changed. I don’t have to struggle to see the good, I just see it.

Let me always be thankful!

In all things.

I got fruit!

Sending love!

Gal 5:22-23 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

Comments

Jada's Gigi said…
Did you get saved? ;) love you bunches! and love your thankful heart! So many Christians need to step back and remember to be thankful.