Passion



Passion is a gritty kind of love, tough and

optimistic enthusiasm that overcomes negativity and inconvenience to make it

through to the end. (10,000 Reasons Overflow)


Friday, May 24, 2013

Being open to be loved

I was thinking about how I don't like to ask for help and how stupid that is. 
Yesterday some friends came over and I asked if they could change some light bulbs on the light fixture on the landing and put up some smoke detectors.  It was such an incredible blessing to me!!! I have hated to hit the light switch and then realize the light bulbs were out (I have done this for over a month) but I'm always nervous to change them because sometimes I'm a little clumsy and I was afraid to fall down the stairs (I've fallen down them just walking). And about a month ago I realized there was no smoke detector upstairs in Phyl's room or in the hallway. And I'm sure I could have figured out how to hang them... But I just am not good at those things. So I asked for help.
A lot of times I  don't ask for help because I  don't want to bother people. Or maybe it's a pride thing. Gasp! You mean they will know I can't do it all?! Well! I can't!!! 
The truth is I have friends who would really struggle with cooking a fundraiser dinner but I can whip it up in sleep... But I cannot use a drill (true story, my dad told me I'm not allowed & I'm ok with that!).

Letting someone do something for me is like hugging them back when they hug me. I know i serve a lot of people. I serve them because i look at people like in the verse Matthew 25 or maybe I look at it like I'm loving them like Jesus. I don't serve to get anything in return. I just don't. I kist love them so i want to serve Them. But I know that sometimes people feel bad if they are always the one being served. (Serving/loving might come so naturally to them they don't even realize they do it).  
I look at serving and being served is like hugging someone and getting hugged back! Both are completely natural when our heart is completely open.

A hug is best when it's given and received 


No comments: