Being open to be loved

I was thinking about how I don't like to ask for help and how stupid that is. 
Yesterday some friends came over and I asked if they could change some light bulbs on the light fixture on the landing and put up some smoke detectors.  It was such an incredible blessing to me!!! I have hated to hit the light switch and then realize the light bulbs were out (I have done this for over a month) but I'm always nervous to change them because sometimes I'm a little clumsy and I was afraid to fall down the stairs (I've fallen down them just walking). And about a month ago I realized there was no smoke detector upstairs in Phyl's room or in the hallway. And I'm sure I could have figured out how to hang them... But I just am not good at those things. So I asked for help.
A lot of times I  don't ask for help because I  don't want to bother people. Or maybe it's a pride thing. Gasp! You mean they will know I can't do it all?! Well! I can't!!! 
The truth is I have friends who would really struggle with cooking a fundraiser dinner but I can whip it up in sleep... But I cannot use a drill (true story, my dad told me I'm not allowed & I'm ok with that!).

Letting someone do something for me is like hugging them back when they hug me. I know i serve a lot of people. I serve them because i look at people like in the verse Matthew 25 or maybe I look at it like I'm loving them like Jesus. I don't serve to get anything in return. I just don't. I kist love them so i want to serve Them. But I know that sometimes people feel bad if they are always the one being served. (Serving/loving might come so naturally to them they don't even realize they do it).  
I look at serving and being served is like hugging someone and getting hugged back! Both are completely natural when our heart is completely open.

A hug is best when it's given and received 


Comments