Check please!

I can’t send a check.


If you know me, you know that I put my money where my mouth is. It doesn’t take me long to whip out my checkbook. I just know that it takes money to make things it takes resources, and a lot of times those resources are paid for with… money.

There is an outreach in Detroit on the 18th and I instantly started praying about it. The converstation went something like this: (I'm red, He's purple)

what do they need, Lord?

You.

Well, yeah, duh, but money, stuff, what do they need?

You.

Yeah, how much Lord?

You. No check this time. Just you.

Oh, come on, I am sure they need some cash. Everyone needs money.

Nope. This time, no check, Margie. Just you. Go be relational. I know you’ll give your money, but will you give you?



Oh boy. If you know me as well as you think you do, you also know that yes, I will write a check, but you also know that I would probably always choose to be task oriented not relational. Rarely do people get their hearts broken when doing a task, but people. Now that’s tough.

Oh, obedience. I’ll walk in You. Wherever you say “go”, I’ll go.

Here I am, send me.

Romans 12:9-21 9 Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. 10 Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves. 11 Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. 12 Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. 13 Share with the Lord’s people who are in need. Practice hospitality.
14 Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. 15 Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn. 16 Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited.
17 Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everyone. 18 If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. 19 Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,”[d] says the Lord. 20 On the contrary:
“If your enemy is hungry, feed him;
if he is thirsty, give him something to drink.
in doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head.”[e]
21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Comments

Terry said…
oh margie what a lovely quilt that you have put together with these verses...they are knit together so tight, every one of them having the heart of what the lord wants us to do.....not without difficulty in doing them all...so many times when i think about the enemies and how we should treat them, it is hard t do...but reading this, i see that we must..
margie, i have always known how giving you have been to the lord money wise but i have also seen how you have been "yourself" wise too....the lord has taken note of this even though you have not seen it yourself!
too early in the morning and this sounds like a lot of babble, eh?....but it IS what i think of you marhta mary margie!!!.....i love you love terry

ps...i really love the bottom of your shoes!!