Passion



Passion is a gritty kind of love, tough and

optimistic enthusiasm that overcomes negativity and inconvenience to make it

through to the end. (10,000 Reasons Overflow)


Thursday, May 16, 2013

Chicken, potatoes, and green beans

I love my crockpot but often the recipes are full of cream of soups or I just don't think they have enough flavor. 
I saw this great recipe about 10 people's Facebook but I just don't have time to make that kind of dinner during the week so I decided to tweak the recipe a little and make it in my crockpot. I love my crockpot!! 

If this recipe comes out as good as I think it might, this could be a staple recipe in our house.

I used hormone free chicken, organic lemons, garlic, olive oil, and potatoes. The green beans I had frozen so I wanted to use them up (to make room for more organic stuff).

Chicken, potatoes, and green beans

6T olive oil
2 lemons
 -1 sliced
-1 juiced
4 cloves garlic (I might have added 5 haha!)
1t sea salt
1/2 t pepper

1 lb green beans
1 lb chicken breast (cut in cubes)
2 russet potatoes, cut in large chunks

In a small container combine the first 5 ingredients

In a large bowl, toss grean beans with half of the lemon/garlic mixture
Put in crockpot

Put chicken and potatoes in same big bowl, mix with remaining lemon/garlic mixture. Top green beans.

Cook in crockpot low for 7-8 hours.


No comments: