His faithfulness


A lot rolls around in my cabesa... I mean a lot! I wonder about a lot of things, I wonder why I fail at accomplishing the goals I set. I recently was reminded of the goals I had set on the leader's retreat last year.  Some I did really well at... And some I fell flat on my face. I don't think that when I set them, some were more important than others because I wrote them down, and no one else was going to see them so clearly they weren't for show.
I walked around the cave last yesterday. And first let me tell you... I thought I was going to like a dark and scary cave and I wondered why on earth Sheila would want to go there but, well, it's Sheila, so honestly you never know what she has in mind (she once told me to get out and see if a guy was dead).

These caves were absolutely beautiful!! I don't know how God made 10,000 shades of green, but that's why I'm not God and He is but I will praise Him for every one!

It's quiet here. Well quiet in the city noise sort of way. The wind is blowing and
rustling the trees. Almost like a song that God is singing to me. And the birds are singing their praises to the God of the universe who brings the brightest and warmest sun after the darkest and coldest times in our lives. A day doesn't go by that I don't cry about His goodness.  The smell is gentle and sweet. The smell of pine trees and flowers. 
But back to my goals...
The biggest one that scares me... Even more than the community center? My book.

The view from where
I blogged today

I knew I'd never write it until I wa able to release the pain I've felt for years and believe I was chosen and loved. Oh I've got lots to say about the pain and hurt in my life but this book, it now has more than a happy ending, it's got one of freedom! My heart is the home of the brave and courageous & most importantly the free and loved!!
I don't choose places like Logan, OH to go on vacation because sitting still does not come naturally to me. But in the times when I do come to places like this, I am thankful. Very thankful. It is in the quiet when God speaks and says "don't worry, My book will come, I just haven't given you all the words yet" or when He shows me His faithfulness in water.

Water is life giving. But when it has a place to go or a purpose, it's beauty will stop at nothing to get there. I was watching a little drip fall from the ceilings of the cave. And I thought about God's continuing faithfulness that one day, that drip will erode the rocks (that He created) to make a beautiful waterfall and people will form lines to take their picture in front of.
He is faithful.
He has given me this dream. Many dreams and visions really, but the community center. A drip (or maybe it's me who is the drip) that will be a beautiful waterfall. That is why I see kid-made butterflies and hear laughter where others see destruction and chaos.  I see the waterfall and the rainbow while others complain of the annoying drip as they walk under or the mud on their shoes.

I see beauty. His beauty. 

In all things.

I love blogging from my phone
I see it in beautiful greens, I hear it in the laughter of teenagers,  I feel it in the warmth of both the sun and His Son. I feel His love as the tears stream down my  cheeks as my heart cries out in thankfulness of the God of the universe who loves me, and I see His beauty in me.
Eph 2:10 For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.

Comments