I pray differently

There is quite a difference between being ready to date and wanting to date. 
That sounds kind of weird but my heart knows. 
There is a movie called "where the heart is" where Ashley Judd says that she had her first child then while looking for a dad for the first one she had the second one, that didn't work out so she was looking for a dad for the other two... And so on.  
I was never one of those kind women. Yes I wanted a great male role model for my daughter but really I wanted a husband. Being a single mom is not easy. There are people I look at and think "you would never make it as a single mom" and I think it's a beautiful thing that they don't have to!! 
It was a weird thing, I never was willing to settle. Even though I had low self esteem and self worth there was absolutely no way I was going to be "stuck" with anyone.
For a really long time I believed that I'd make a great wife because I can cook and clean and take care of a house. But it's different now. Even though I still have those amazing talents, what will make me a great wife is 9 things.
Love
Joy 
Peace 
Patience
Goodness
Kindness
Faithfulness
Gentleness
& self control 

I love. 
That's what I do.

I've been praying for quite awhile now  about the qualities of my husband, what "I" want but I've changed that, now I pray for his heart and character. 

I've also pray that God gets in the way of something that could really hurt me. I pray for protection o my heart. 

I find myself completely overwhelmed by God's love and His presence in my life. I know He will work it out.

I'm thankful
I'm beautiful 
I'm worthy
I'm chosen

For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago. (Ephesians 2:10 NLT)

Comments