I'll carry hope!

I was sitting at my desk today, thinking about "my kids". Maybe people think I spend too much time thinking about them, praying about them, I think maybe I don’t spend enough time.


I was thinking about this man that I “met” who I don’t know his name, by the side of the freeway. If you know me you know that I don’t give money to beggars on the side of the road. I just don’t. But this man, I don’t know what it was about him. I gave him $1 and then I went and bought him food, I could take one look at him and know that he was homeless, and lost, and broken. I am so mad at myself for not getting his name, I am thankful that when I pray, God knows his name, although I do not.

I thought to myself, that guy, that’s the guy I am going to give a job at my community center. I will give him a shot, I’ll shine the light in the darkness.

Oh, I’m thinking sometimes that I will end up on the news “Crazy Jesus loving lady was nice to the right person”. Oh yeah, that could be me, but I think that God will protect me, I know He will, and if I die, doing His work, I will not count it a loss.

Sometimes I get so overwhelmed with the thought of the community center, sometimes I just get overwhelmed by the thought of Sundays when I am getting ready for Alive and praying and preparing for whatever may come my way. It makes me a little crazy! Ok, a lot crazy. But then I do my bible study, and I read about Abraham, that God had promised him that he would be the father to many nations, and even Abraham had a moment where he was like “hey God, you promised, remember? But if You don’t get rockin’ on this plan for me to be the father of some kiddos, I am going to have to leave all this to a servant, that’s not what you meant, right?” As if to say to God “get moving already”.

I’ve been praying about this community center, I ordered a book, however, it’s taking forever to get here, which kind of makes me laugh because normally books get to me in 1 or 2 days (Prime shipping with Amazon) and this one is taking FOR-EVER!! Ok, not really. But if it’s like God is saying to me “listen child, I have lots to tell you” and He’s been showing me so many things in the last couple days. It’s been crazy good!

I am thankful for God’s promises. I am thankful for His provision, and I am thankful that sometimes He just makes me listen. I am thankful for the hope I have in Him, and that He has given me that hope to carry to the nations, the nations that are close and the nations that are far.

Thank You Jesus. I don’t know where You’re taking me, but I’ll go anywhere with You.

Romans 15:13 13 May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.





Comments

rmm4361 said…
Patience - the hardest lesson to hear. You know he does things in his time, not ours!