Loving who I am!!

The centurion replied, “Lord, I do not deserve to have you come under my roof. But just say the word, and my servant will be healed. (Matthew 8:8 NIV)

I used to think that putting myself down made me humble. Boy, was that wrong. I know now that it was just pride. It was my very weird way of gettin people to say that I wasn't. I also had a hard time accepting a compliment. Because... Well.. I didn't like myself. And I couldn't figure out why anyone would say anything nice about me. Somehow I was convinced that I was looking at a reflection of me, but really it was a pile of poop. 

Well, finally! I've been freed from the mess!!! I still know that I'm a wretch, because I'm a sinner, but I know and finally truly believe that God loves me and I can trust Him. He created me beautiful, worthy to be loved, an clearly chosen by Him. 

That verse. That guy gets it. Jesus - I'm not worthy to be around You, I don't deserve to breathe the same air as you... But Dude! If you say I'm healed, I'm believing You!

That's how I feel. I know I'm not worthy on my own, but if God says "I'm free" (So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. (John 8:36 NIV))    I'm believing Him! I'm living in freedom! Not going back! If I say some dumb thing out of an old habit, I'm saying I'm sorry (& meaning it) and moving on taking each step towards Love.

It's an amazing thing believing who God says I am! Walking in freedom and thinking "I don't know about all this, but I'm trusting You, and I'm in it for Love, and Love wins!!


Comments

Kristin said…
You are right...we are never worthy on our own....but that makes the gift of Christ even more amazing!!