Monday Ramblings!



It was an absolutely beautiful weekend!


Exciting news… I bought new front tires. The truth is that last time it rained I was made fully aware (I really kind of already knew) that I needed new tires when I hydroplaned in the rain on the lodge at the 94 interchange. That was a couple weeks ago, I just didn’t have the time to go get the tires. I carved out time on Saturday to take care of this very important need. It’s done now. Things like that remind me that I need a husband. I hate taking care of car stuff, even though I can… I don’t like it.

I also planted my garden this weekend, I know that technically, according to my very awesome landscaper and friend Drew, I am not supposed to plant until after Memorial Day, I had to get it done. And so I did. I love planting my garden, I really needed to get the black sheet to cover it so I get fewer weeds, but I will do it the hard way and put it down now. Story of my life… doing it the hard way.

I planted the following:

2 yellow onion
1 purple onion
8 zucchini
4 spaghetti squash
4 jalapeño
8 cabbage
8 tomato plants
8 Red leaf lettuce
8 romaine
8 spinach

I have yet to plant:

8 cukes
Basil
Cilantro
Tomatoes
Parsley
3 tomato plants

I was pulling weeds and thinking that I am so glad I’ve slowed down my life(I’ve got a post rolling around in my head about life lessons and gardening), I really do love being domesticated! I love taking care of my family, and certainly, I like having a clean house. I’ve stopped doing a lot of things so that I can take care of me and my family. And I love that the weather has finally decided to be nice, so when I meet with friends, it won’t be to eat but to walk! Which is good for my body and my pocket book!


I love Jesus, I really would like to be a proverbs woman. Like seriously, I know that just like I had to work on the fruit of the spirit, I have to work on that too, and as I grow closer to Jesus, and listening to His heart for me, I become more like that woman He has created me to be.

And by the way… I need someone to hold me accountable to do my bible study, I stunk it up last week… only did the book twice :/ But for the record, I prayed, read the bible, just didn’t do my study (I don’t replace prayer or reading with my study, it’s an addition)

Proverbs 31:10-31

10 [b]A wife of noble character who can find?

She is worth far more than rubies.

11 Her husband has full confidence in her

and lacks nothing of value.

12 She brings him good, not harm,

all the days of her life.

13 She selects wool and flax

and works with eager hands.

14 She is like the merchant ships,

bringing her food from afar.

15 She gets up while it is still night;

she provides food for her family

and portions for her female servants.

16 She considers a field and buys it;

out of her earnings she plants a vineyard.

17 She sets about her work vigorously;

her arms are strong for her tasks.

18 She sees that her trading is profitable,

and her lamp does not go out at night.

19 In her hand she holds the distaff

and grasps the spindle with her fingers.

20 She opens her arms to the poor

and extends her hands to the needy.

21 When it snows, she has no fear for her household;

for all of them are clothed in scarlet.

22 She makes coverings for her bed;

she is clothed in fine linen and purple.

23 Her husband is respected at the city gate,

where he takes his seat among the elders of the land.

24 She makes linen garments and sells them,

and supplies the merchants with sashes.

25 She is clothed with strength and dignity;

she can laugh at the days to come.

26 She speaks with wisdom,

and faithful instruction is on her tongue.

27 She watches over the affairs of her household

and does not eat the bread of idleness.

28 Her children arise and call her blessed;

her husband also, and he praises her:

29 “Many women do noble things,

but you surpass them all.”

30 Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;

but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.

31 Honor her for all that her hands have done,

and let her works bring her praise at the city gate



 
This is the box from my Subi beads
I love the sayings all over the box!

Comments

Jada's Gigi said…
you are going o to have a ton of produce!! yay!