New gifts for His glory!!


It’s a big joke in our church that our Pastor is CHEAP! (The funniest part is that it's not a joke!  He really is cheap!) I actually like that about him. We don’t needlessly spend money, and what we spend it on is to move the Kingdom forward. There is something to be said about knowing that the money that we give doesn’t get wasted.


But let me tell you something… our Youth Pastor (who is the best youth pastor EVER!) is not really that far behind him. The only difference is that Adam really loves good coffee! I think he’d rather die than drink cheap (as my daughter calls it dirt) coffee.

You see, they both have the same mind set, move the kingdom forward, use our resources wisely. That being said, being one of the people who has to make due on a very limited budget. 6 years ago I went on my first Mission Trip to Detroit. I was in charge of the food that trip, now my role has expanded just a little :) . My budget for food has not changed, and I’m so thankful for the couponers in our church who help with a lot of the non-perishables because in case you haven’t noticed… the cost of food hasn’t gone down.

We have not raised the cost of our trip since… ever. But our projects have! We are doing more and more and we need more and more. That being said, we rely on lots of donations and getting a little creative. Now, I am no pinterest addict, actually I’ve NEVER been on it, but thankfully, I have been able to survive without it.

Besides prayer (I prayed for $8 spade shovels and God blessed me with them for $4.99) I have to get a little creative… and my latest endeavor… dust pans made from milk jugs! Its crazy! Sometimes I am just so thankful for the crazy gifts God has given me! I can stretch a nickel into next week if I have to!

I’m thankful for Pastors who lead me to be creative and stretch me so that I can be all that God created me to be! And today… that means I am a dust pan maker!

Luke 12:35-48 35 “Be dressed ready for service and keep your lamps burning, 36 like servants waiting for their master to return from a wedding banquet, so that when he comes and knocks they can immediately open the door for him. 37 It will be good for those servants whose master finds them watching when he comes. Truly I tell you, he will dress himself to serve, will have them recline at the table and will come and wait on them. 38 It will be good for those servants whose master finds them ready, even if he comes in the middle of the night or toward daybreak. 39 But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what hour the thief was coming, he would not have let his house be broken into. 40 You also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him.”

41 Peter asked, “Lord, are you telling this parable to us, or to everyone?”
42 The Lord answered, “Who then is the faithful and wise manager, whom the master puts in charge of his servants to give them their food allowance at the proper time? 43 It will be good for that servant whom the master finds doing so when he returns. 44 Truly I tell you, he will put him in charge of all his possessions. 45 But suppose the servant says to himself, ‘My master is taking a long time in coming,’ and he then begins to beat the other servants, both men and women, and to eat and drink and get drunk. 46 The master of that servant will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour he is not aware of. He will cut him to pieces and assign him a place with the unbelievers.
47 “The servant who knows the master’s will and does not get ready or does not do what the master wants will be beaten with many blows. 48 But the one who does not know and does things deserving punishment will be beaten with few blows. From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked.

Comments

Trish said…
You go sweet girl!