One step at a time

Maybe eating healthy comes easy for you. It seems like it’s a lot of work for me, and honestly, sometimes I just want to throw in the towel and end up looking like a line backer. Add going organic to the whole mix of things… and it’s enough to make me want to jump off the roof of the grocery store.

But the problem is… I can’t find the stairs to the roof… and putting healthy things in my body makes me feel better, my attitude is better, I poop better (ok whatever, get over yourself if you don’t poop – waste wasn’t meant to stay in your body). A garden seems very overwhelming to someone who is going to be on 3 mission trips in one summer. But what is the alternative? Quite frankly, I don’t feel like there is one.

I ordered the Crockin Girls Clean Crocking Cook Book a couple days ago. I go into Meijer and pick up a few staples here and there as to not overwhelm myself with crazy grocery bills! Yes, I am aware that I am spending the same amount but it seems less painful this way.
Also, eating clean and not “out” is not convenient for my crazy busy lifestyle. It means I have to plan, cook, clean, HOWEVER, my own cooked food tastes better, it’s healthier, and even with buying organic, its cheaper.

So I think I will be cleaning out my pantry this weekend and donating some food to some people I love. All of this is work, but anything worth having is work. And being healthy is worth the work.  This is also going to help me so that I have less stuff to move!!

I’ll be sharing any good recipes I get for my crock pot! We can’t do this alone! We have got to encourage each other!! And help each other out! I’ll be checking out websites and blogs of people who are doing the same things! I did sign up for Nature Box for some new ideas for snacks, I will let you know how that turns out!

As my friend Robin Torres says “We got this!!”

Ecc 4:9 Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor

And have you noticed how many bad for you recipes are shared on FB?? Thank you to those who share healthy alternatives!! Let's help each other!


Comments