Passion



Passion is a gritty kind of love, tough and

optimistic enthusiasm that overcomes negativity and inconvenience to make it

through to the end. (10,000 Reasons Overflow)


Sunday, May 05, 2013

The beauty of the Veil

There are certain lessons that we learn that rock us to the core.


I remember reading about the “veil” that fell when Jesus died. Honestly, not knowing much about bible teachings and I remember thinking “big deal” a veil fell. I was thinking like a bridal veil, I didn’t know.

Then I learned. I learned it was this crazy thick wall that was between the alter and everyone else. Priests had to tie a string to their leg because if they weren’t holy, it was believed that God would strike them dead, and they needed a way out.

And then Jesus did it. He was the ultimate sacrifice and the wall came down. Nothing stood between God and us. NOTHING!

I think about how I had this huge thing that held me back from a complete life of Christ, and Jesus, He freed me! The wall came down. And in that moment, I felt completely filled by the Holy Spirit and nothing can separate us. I never have to worry about if I am good enough, big enough, I have no worries, Jesus is good enough, He is big enough, and whatever I cannot do, He can. 2 Cor 12:9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.

How many times in my life I lived like those priests with a safety net (or rope). My plan B. If God called me to it, I never needed a plan B, He is Plan A. And if I am doing something out of His will, well it doesn’t matter if I have a plan Z, its not His way. So what would be the point anyway.

When I think about that wall, I am blown away. I’m blown away by God’s love, by His power! I absolutely cannot believe how good He is to me and the vastness of His love for me.

I am still working towards opening the community center. It may not look like I’ve made much movement, because in earthly ways, I have not, but I’ve been praying, getting completely connected with Him, and what He wants. I want nothing outside of that.

I am so thankful for the things that He has overcome, I am so thankful that the wall that kept me from everything He has for me has been destroyed. I am so thankful that the war that battled on inside of me is over! I am so glad that Love Won! Because Love always wins!

Matt 27:51 At that moment the curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. The earth shook, the rocks split



No comments: