The beauty of the Veil

There are certain lessons that we learn that rock us to the core.


I remember reading about the “veil” that fell when Jesus died. Honestly, not knowing much about bible teachings and I remember thinking “big deal” a veil fell. I was thinking like a bridal veil, I didn’t know.

Then I learned. I learned it was this crazy thick wall that was between the alter and everyone else. Priests had to tie a string to their leg because if they weren’t holy, it was believed that God would strike them dead, and they needed a way out.

And then Jesus did it. He was the ultimate sacrifice and the wall came down. Nothing stood between God and us. NOTHING!

I think about how I had this huge thing that held me back from a complete life of Christ, and Jesus, He freed me! The wall came down. And in that moment, I felt completely filled by the Holy Spirit and nothing can separate us. I never have to worry about if I am good enough, big enough, I have no worries, Jesus is good enough, He is big enough, and whatever I cannot do, He can. 2 Cor 12:9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.

How many times in my life I lived like those priests with a safety net (or rope). My plan B. If God called me to it, I never needed a plan B, He is Plan A. And if I am doing something out of His will, well it doesn’t matter if I have a plan Z, its not His way. So what would be the point anyway.

When I think about that wall, I am blown away. I’m blown away by God’s love, by His power! I absolutely cannot believe how good He is to me and the vastness of His love for me.

I am still working towards opening the community center. It may not look like I’ve made much movement, because in earthly ways, I have not, but I’ve been praying, getting completely connected with Him, and what He wants. I want nothing outside of that.

I am so thankful for the things that He has overcome, I am so thankful that the wall that kept me from everything He has for me has been destroyed. I am so thankful that the war that battled on inside of me is over! I am so glad that Love Won! Because Love always wins!

Matt 27:51 At that moment the curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. The earth shook, the rocks split



Comments