The gift of obedience

It's a funny thing.

I caught myself at times today just grinning. Nothing exceptional was going on I would be standing there and I would catch myself overcome.

Today was an act of obedience. I serve/go with/to in Detroit that I really love. Today they had an outreach. I'm not really sure if they needed me, they had great volunteers. But really I felt like I needed to be there so I signed up. 

And actually, after getting new tires and going to the local farm market I was tired.  I showed up and it was kind of funny because there wasn't really anything for me to do so they asked me to round up some kids for the "free toy give away". I went and invited the cutest little girl. Her abuela (gma) said she was shy. And honestly I turned around and walked to the next "muffin" and God said "go get her" so i invited her to hang out with me. We went over played a couple games, she got her face painted, and then she worshipped in song, listened to the story of Jesus, we hung out for 2.5 hours. 
I'm not gonna lie, there were moments that were uncomfortable for me because I tend to be task oriented. But let me tell you, those hours were a complete gift from God for me. 
Her smile. Watching her dance that last song all by herself! Watching her start as a very shy girl to this outgoing "I want to dance with buddy" girl, it was a complete gift.

Obey.

God so many times has told me that I need to open myself up, "be relational Margie, I called you to love, Margie, I created you for that, and that alone". 

All those things need to be done. Yes, and I will continue to be open to serve  where He has called, and I will love. 

Today's act of obedience as He called me to step outside of me and a step closer to Him, which, is one of the greatest gifts He has given me.

Thank You Jesus for loving me, thank You for creating me to love You and the people You love.





Comments