Overcome with thankfulness


Have you ever just had one of those moments when the Holy Spirit takes over your thoughts, your heart, and it’s almost impossible to hold back the tears?


Today I was in a meeting thinking about how lucky I am. I mean really, I am just a mess most of the time, and in the deepest darkest time in my life, God sent people to be my friends when I didn’t think I’d ever trust anyone to be my friend again. He sent friends who have loved me for a long time to come alongside me and love me, and pray for me. He reminded me how much He loves me by having a dear friend who really is more like family than a friend say to me “I loveyou every day, no matter what”.

I can pull up my bible on my phone and listen to it or read it any time I want, and man, my real bible, it’s worn out. I don’t have to hide my love for His word, and my bible is full of pictures from my journey of love and notes from people who love me.

I have bible studies, and podcasts, and music, all to help me grow more and more in love with Jesus.

Tomorrow, I meet with the second team that I am co-leading to the orphanage and I’m so excited to be a part of this team and actually so excited about serving with two other amazing leaders. And a chance to smooch on the muffins for the whole week? Wow! How did I get so blessed? Certainly not anything I’ve done, but God…

And I have like three things left to pack for the two trips! I’m sooooo excited!! I find myself so thankful for three mission trips this summer! WOW! I said I would never do three trips in one summer again, but I’ll tell you, it has been such a blessing to me, I have learned that the only way I am going to make it is to cling to God like a baby chimp holds onto it’s momma as she swings through the jungle. And, let me tell you, that’s tight. I’ve learned so much that I can have incredible joy, complete fruit really(love, joy, peace, patience, goodness, kindness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control) in such a reliance in God, I have no control, and any thought of having control of anything really was just a false protection that I tried to create in my own mind. Sure, I am busy, and organized, but controlling, eh, I have no control, I can only control myself. Which has brought me such peace. I deal with what needs to be dealt with, in my power, and I act with good character and integrity, and I let God take care of the rest.

There is something about knowing, really believing that I am loved, I am worthy of love, and I am beautiful, that God really really does love me, in my mess, in all that I do, it is freeing, and it brings incredible fruit. WOW! And who doesn’t like fruit?!

There are things that I feel like I want in my life, but I am thankful for right where I am.

I find myself overcome with thankfulness, completely overwhelmed. I know that I am right where God wants me, and of course, I am praying about this time, and what is to come. I am excited about both, praying every day that God would do a work in my heart to move in me and through me.

Well, now, wasn’t that just a big bunch of rambling…

Sending love.

Phil 4:11-12 I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. 12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.

Comments

Kristin said…
It is so neat to see the ways that God is blessing you!!