The grace of today

He found me. He’s found me a million times. Broken.


And each time He heals me.

I remember the first day, I just turned and put my trust in Him. I clung so tightly. And promised to never let go. I wish that I could tell you that every day I kept that promise. But I didn’t. But He has never left me and stayed so close that when I decided to reach out my hand to Him, He was waiting. He is faithful.

I think about the things that I have carried around that were broken. The pain was worse than carrying glass and every time I moved I would be cut. But His grace removed each piece of glass with His grace and healed the places where it cut. I’m letting it go.

Sometimes people will ask me to prove there is a God or that the bible is real, and sometimes people want to argue about Jesus. I only know one way to prove Him. To live my life in Him. For people who know me, or knew me, to see the healing power of Jesus and the love and joy, and peace, and patience, and kindness, gentleness, and goodness, and His faithfulness, and the self control that His love brings.

Everyday I wake up with a song in my heart, sometimes it’s the song I go to be singing. Today that was how it was. OH TO BE LIKE YOU! TO GIVE ALL I AM JUST TO KNOW YOU, JESUS THERE’S NO ONE BESIDES YOU, FOREVER THE HOPE IN MY HEART!

I know I’m a dork… I’m always thankful, no matter what comes. Even thankful for the pain, because it brings the opportunity for healing. Each day is gift. With a beautiful ribbon, just waiting to be unwrapped.

Psalm 118:24 The Lord has done it this very day; let us rejoice today and be glad



Grace, what have you done?
Murdered for me on that cross
Accused in absence of wrong
My sin washed away in your blood

Too much to make sense of it all
I know that your love breaks my fall
The scandal of grace, you died in my place
So my soul will live

Chorus:
Oh to be like you
(To) Give all I have just to know you
Jesus, there's no one besides you
Forever the hope in my heart

Death, where is your sting?
Your power is as dead as my sin
The cross has taught me to live
In mercy, my heart now to sing

The day and it's trouble shall come
I know that your strength is enough
The scandal of grace, you died in my place
So my soul will live

And it's all because of you, Jesus
It's all because of you, Jesus
It's all because of your love
And my soul will live

Comments