The War I fight daily

This was my post from yesterday, I don't know why I didn't post it... 

For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms (Eph 6:12)


Sometimes I read this and I think I’d rather have someone/thing that I could actually punch or step on it’s throat. Well, that makes me sound so violent doesn’t it. All I can say is that everyone should be careful of the momma bear.

If I am honest, I became a youth leader/staff because it was what my daughter was going to, and I loved Jesus. I wasn’t very good at talking about Him, nor, if I am REALLY going to be honest, I wasn’t that great at living for Him. It’s true. I guess we should always be thankful that we aren’t who we used to be even if we are not where we want to be.

It took me a long time to figure out what my “role” as Youth Staff is. I am thankful for an amazing youth pastor and his wife who saw my gifts (sometimes when I couldn’t see them) and would ask me to do things that they needed. I’m also thankful for them for pouring out grace when I messed it all up or lost my temper. Certainly I have not arrived ,but I think every day that we figure out who God made us to be, we discover, or rediscover our gifts, we become more like Him. I’ve been in our Youth Ministry for quite awhile now, and I have found myself loving these kids so much. I can’t even explain it. I love celebrating with them, I love watching them grow. But I hate, I HATE it when the enemy tries to take their souls. It makes me so angry, I may or may not have kicked something yesterday I was so mad. Oh Righteous anger. Well, I don’t think God would have approved of me kicking that kiosk, but thankfully nothing broke.

That being said I was so wound up last night! It’s a good thing I had 8 doz cupcakes to frost when I got home, so while I frosted them, I prayed over students, I prayed leaders, I sang worship. I have to make sure I am in the right frame of mind, and well rested to fight this battle. Stay connected with Jesus.

It’s a busy week this week! I am excited to serve dinner at My Brother’s Keeper and Wednesday I have a Haiti meeting. Thursday we have an awesome concert at our church, and then Friday I am hosting a Grad party for one of my students! It’s gonna be a great and busy week!!

I’m taking care of myself, eating well (still tracking on myfitnesspal), getting rest, reading my bible, doing my bible study, spending time with just Him. When one is headed for battle, they don’t go without being prepared.

With that being said, I am looking forward to next week when I don’t have much planned ;) and a time to rest in Him.

Comments