Unexpected blessings

Often we are (ok me) given the most unexpected blessings.

A couple days ago my friend asked me if I could pick something up in warren. Sure no problem. Like seriously, it's a few minutes out of my way and it was Tuesday, my night off, so really why not? It turns out for what little effort it was for me, it was a big deal for someone else. I honestly was so thrilled because I was able to drive down 8 mile and take a trek through the D. I don't know why that always seem to make me smile, but sometimes I just think "God is here, I can't  wait until everyone recognizes it." His majesty will not be ignored, people will see it in the blue skies and the eyes of the children. 
Then today I was driving down the street and these completely cute old people were trying (not very successfully mind you) to cut their grass and I just couldn't let that go on, so I asked my friends I was meeting if they minded if I took care of those cutie-patooties grass. Thankfully my friends love Jesus like i do. The people seemed shocked that 1) some crazy girl shows up to cut their grass and 2) I didn't want money. That lady tried to pay me... Good thing she was slow, input ran her. The funniest part is that I don't even cut my own grass!!!!

Sometimes we get amazing opportunities to really live the gospel. Not everyone needs a cup a water or some bread. Sometimes it's a hitch of some sort and their grass cut. I'm thankful for the opportunities to do those things. To be connected to God so that He guides me to do what He wants done.  
My friends are talking about what it looks like to really live the gospel. I don't always do the best job of it. I get busy and my eyes aren't open to see the beautiful world around me.  I don't think I'll ever define it, but i know it starts with love, True Love.
I'm a little afraid to pray this prayer... But I do a lot of things afraid...

dear God, please help me to stay connected to you, Lord, make it painful if I am not in step with You. Lord, please help me to really love You and to love bigger than I have ever loved before! Lord I loveYou and I need You everyday and I'm grateful for Your grace and Love. Please help me to love more like You! In Jesus' loving name! Amen

Whatever happens, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ. Then, whether I come and see you or only hear about you in my absence, I will know that you stand firm in the one Spirit, striving together as one for the faith of the gospel without being frightened in any way by those who oppose you. This is a sign to them that they will be destroyed, but that you will be saved—and that by God. For it has been granted to you on behalf of Christ not only to believe in him, but also to suffer for him, since you are going through the same struggle you saw I had, and now hear that I still have. (Philippians 1:27-30 NIV)

Comments