Here I go (again)

The Detroit mission trip is one of my favorite trips ever. And soon (3 days soon) I'm going to Haiti and the trips are completely different for me.
The Detroit trip is completely task oriented, to say I'm busy is an understatement. (To prove it my foot is swollen and painful still). 
My Haiti trip is relational. 

You know which one is harder? 
Haiti

I'm excited to go, but I remember what it's like to have to say goodbye to the muffins. Honesty I'm trying to think about the smiles not the tears. Because my heart just hurts saying goodbye. I want to bring all the muffins home with me. 

I'm packing for Haiti and unpacking Detroit. I'm dreaming about what is going to happen, and thanking God for the opportunity to serve so many who served Him by serving the city.

Here I go!

and if you spend yourselves in behalf of the hungry and satisfy the needs of the oppressed, then your light will rise in the darkness, and your night will become like the noonday. (Isaiah 58:10 NIV)

Comments