lessons in bags!

I love bags. I always have my purse (which is a big bag), my laptop case (cute red bag), and normally one other bag with me always, currently it’s my Father’s Day present from Phyllis, a black bag with a brown bottom so it matches everything (I also have some weird thing about things matching).


A few years back I got a square box with a handle on it from someone anonymous. I actually wish I knew who it was so I could thank them personally. I LOVE THIS BOX/BAG! I use it all the time! I mostly use it when I am serving others. It perfectly holds plates/bowls and plastic ware, & napkins. It’s almost always packed with that so when I am serving dinner or something, it’s ready to go!

Today I was searching my house for some kind of bag to carry the 21 pounds of sloppy joes I needed to bring to work and then to My Brother’s Keeper tonight. That’s not an easy task, cooking it was the easy part, finding a bag sturdy enough to carry it all in one trip, now that was tricky.

That box/bag has served me well over the years. It has been my side kick in serving others. It reminds me that I am loved even when I don’t know who is loving me. That sometimes we don’t see love but it is there. We have to hold on to it.

And sometimes the opposite is true. People say how much they love us but do things that can get us into trouble, they hurt us, and cause us harm. And sometimes we love those people but we have to open our hands and let go because honestly, it’s just what is best for us, and God has something so much better for us!

What to hold on to, and what to let go of, that’s a lesson, an on going lesson. Not an easy one, but a great one, nonetheless.

Learning to love, outside the box!

Comments