Where God leads

There is so much that goes into the Detroit mission trip, I can't even begin to tell you all. There is one thing that is essential. Prayer.

Where do you want us to go? What do you want us to do? Are my greatest my most asked questions to God.

There is a lot of planning and when my friend Beckie and I sat down to talk about where we felt God was leading. Beckie is the rocking director of Reach local at our church. She is also a leader at Alive with me. Her and I always "fight" about who has the best group.

So we sat down to talk about what we would do this year... Beckie had her list, I had mine. 

We sat down... Talked. We were so excited to get started!!! 

The next day I sent her a text that said "what if we hand out groceries? Like a box of cereal, a can of spaghetti sauce, pasta, pb&j, and a box of Mac&cheese" for the record... I thought she would think I was nuts...
She sent me back a text that said "I had it on my list but I thought you'd think it was over the top"
Lol.
This idea could have never come from us. Only God.
How are we going to get all these groceries?? Well, we have these things called life groups at our church and I went to the director and asked if we could ask them to bring the groceries. In the true fashion of our "little church", tons of groceries started showing up... A little every week! It was amazing to see God's provision through the obedience of His people.
A group of kids packed the groceries and then a team set out and delivered them. I was so excited when I saw the picture of the kids praying with the people they delivered to. The kids were nervous at first but after one gift of groceries, they were blessed in the giving.

It was absolutely amazing to be such a small part of this!! I'm so thankful that the fear of sounding like a nut job didnt stop me from following God's direction. 

And in each bag there are two churches the recipients can get connected with!!  

 and if you spend yourselves in behalf of the hungry and satisfy the needs of the oppressed, then your light will rise in the darkness, and your night will become like the noonday. (Isaiah 58:10 NIV)


Comments