A lesson in meekness

I was a little bit scared the last few days...

The fear of the unknown.

God kept saying to me... "Meek"

Meek doesn't mean weak though the world doesn't celebrate being meek or weak.

But I really think meekness is something to be celebrated. It is a quiet strength that knows its power.

When God speaks I can choose just like everyone else, listen or not. 

But God, He loves me and just like any child the lesson coming is one i need to hear, and He loves me enough to teach it to me. I'm gonna learn the easy way (walking in obedience) or the hard way (trying to run hurdles but not being able to jump).

So I decided to look up a study on meekness today it was full of scripture which actually helped it resonate in my heart more. The beginning of my trip was weird because I was praying and talking a lot but not hearing much, I really had to slow down, listen. Open my heart.

And once I did. Wow.  

Today's study wasn't something new I had to learn, it was, the next step. If you want to check out the scripture here is the link:


It's a funny thing. 

Because as I was learning this a sheep in wolf's clothing came a calling. He started attacking me, and I could have really gone after him. But instead it was easier to just let it go, to say "I love you" and let his hurtfulness go, and to really pray for both of our hearts. 

It actually was easier not to push back when he came at me. I actually smiled. Thank You Jesus for this lesson. A lesson in loving.

So to keep me from becoming conceited because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations, a thorn was given me in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to harass me, to keep me from becoming conceited. Three times I pleaded with the Lord about this, that it should leave me. But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong. (2 Corinthians 12:7-10 ESV)

Comments