A sacred moment

There is something about communion. 

When I made my first communion I was in second grade. It seemed to be about a lot of memorizing prayers, I was so nervous that when I got up to the front of the church the priest said "body of Christ" and I forgot what to say. 

The correct answer for those of you playing at home is "amen". 

Communion is so much different to me now. It's a moment when in my crazy wondering and my crazy life. When the word "communion" is said, instantly my heart slows down. 

I remember

I'm thankful everyday for God. His blessing over my life the joy He brings me, but if I'm honest sometimes I forget about the salvation part of my true life.  I take it for granted. 

When it's time for communion I remember. My heart quiets. I remember the cross.

I remember when love was poured out, and when it died.

And then I remember when that love rose from the dead. I remember when it overcame the grave.

I remember.

Strength 
Power

Love

I remember

It is

Sacred

On Sunday at church in Haiti they announced that we were going to take communion. 

My heart stopped. It quieted. 

I remembered.

It is a sacrifice to come here. I mean I really love it but that doesn't mean it's not hard. Because it is.

I miss my daughter. I miss the comforts of home.

I love it here.

Communion seemed so amazing this past Sunday. They had missionaries who had just come back and about 100 people were saved.

Taking communion reminded me, that we are one. Joined by a Love that is bigger and stronger than we will ever understand.

One in heart
One in mind
One in spirit 
One in worship

Let us always remember to go. To love one another above all else. And let us spread that love like a blazing fire, near and far.

I therefore, a prisoner for the Lord, urge you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. There is one body and one Spirit—just as you were called to the one hope that belongs to your call— one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all. (Ephesians 4:1-6 ESV)

Comments