Away

I was thinking today about beggars on the street. 

I was thinking about giving to some is so easy, even if its not cheap. I mean I think nothing of spending $30 at Starbucks for my fellow youth leaders but to give a begger on the street a dollar i will argue, fight, and justify why I won't or don't have to. 

I think nothing of spending 1000s of dollars on mission trips but won't give the begger on the street $1 but ill buy him a soda. Ugh.

I think I missed the point of giving. Sometimes I don't give because what will they do with that money? Like te guy on crutches, what if he used that money for drugs?

Well, who am i to judge his addiction to whatever (if he has one) when I get stressed out the first things want to do when I am stressed is go eat. What's the difference? Oh, that's right, mine is socially acceptable. 

Ugh.

What if I would have given him money in the name of Jesus? What if I would have said "this money is from Jesus, not because you asked but because He loves you, and He is your provider, of all things."

Well, I missed that one.  But thank you God for the lesson. 

Last night the pastor asked us if we wanted to share the word. I knew that God wanted me to share that we are supposed to give our whole lives to Him, not just part of them.

And as he was setting out on his journey, a man ran up and knelt before him and asked him, "Good Teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?" And Jesus said to him, "Why do you call me good? No one is good except God alone. You know the commandments: "Do not murder, Do not commit adultery, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Do not defraud, Honor your father and mother." And he said to him, "Teacher, all these I have kept from my youth." And Jesus, looking at him, loved him, and said to him, "You lack one thing: go, sell all that you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow me." Disheartened by the saying, he went away sorrowful, for he had great possessions. And Jesus looked around and said to his disciples, "How difficult it will be for those who have wealth to enter the kingdom of God!" (Mark 10:17-23 ESV)

I'm rich. And I want to get to heaven. That's an issue. God has given me much.  Much is then required. 

I didnt want to share what God spoke to me, I was nervous, I thought they'd think I sounded stupid. I did it anyway.

I'm giving it all away. All of me. 


Comments