Getting back...

I woke up this morning at 5:15, I was supposed to get up at 4:30. I went to bed at 9pm because I just could not keep my eyes open. I think not sleeping super great for over a month because of mission trips is now catching up to me.

I am so thankful for my daughter who keeps house pretty good, the issue with my crazy house is that I was on a mission trip to Detroit, came home and then basically left for Haiti. There is stuff everywhere. I just tackle one room at a time. If you come over, please don’t look in the basement or the office because they seem to be the catch all. I will tackle those next week.

I have spent quite a bit of time in my garden. It is NUTS! Crazy amounts of tomatoes (I will be freezing a little every night), cukes, zucchini (going to shred or cut in chunks and freeze), and jalapenos (I’m thinking about trying a stuffed jalapeno recipe)! I had to really get in the garden the last couple days and pick the produce, clean out weeds, and clean out vegetation that has got infested by bugs and the moisture has rotted some of it too.

I love spending time in the garden. It brings me peace and joy. I am reminded of God’s provision when I am in the garden. And let’s face it, there aren’t too many things that taste better than home grown produce. I was thankful that my friend Lindsay got a start on collecting produce because it would have been crazier for me!

Being in the garden brings me peace. When my life gets a little crazy that’s where my dad usually tells me to go. “Go spend time in the dirt, Marg” he says.

I don’t know how I feel after being back for a few days but tired.

I’ve had lunch with some of my new sisters, and tomorrow some are coming over for coffee and dessert.

I’m working on a great project for the kids (Uniforms for school) and getting the sponsorship program at the orphanage going again. I’m super excited about this, and hoping all the kids get sponsored and then I’d love to work on getting sponsorships art and English teaching back into the kids regular routine besides school. I know that I can’t do any of this on my own, but God! He can! I am excited to see what He does!

I’m doing well, just feeling a little at a time, using my feelings to drive my passion to love.

I walk around more thankful than I’ve ever been, and I feel like I am swimming in an ocean of peace.

Micah 6:8 He has shown you, O mortal, what is good.

And what does the LORD require of you?

To act justly and to love mercy

and to walk humbly[a] with your God.

Comments