Going home

So today I leave for home.

There are a lot of things I'm excited to be home about...

I can do my hair (in something other than a ponytail)
Brushing my teeth using sink water
Flushing my toilet paper
Trenta black tea light water no sweetener 

But mostly I'm excited to get home and see my girl.  I'm excited to get home to see my family.

I don't really have the words to say how I feel, but my heart really hurts. How can I feel like I belong in two completely different worlds? And one is nothing like me.

I don't like being inconvenienced by camping, yet I love sleeping on a flat air mattress (mine got a hole in it), no make up, can't hop in my car anytime I want. I never sing out loud in front of a lot of people yet here, my off tune voice seemed to always be singing. "Hide it under a bush oh no! I'm gonna let it shine!". And I hate being sweaty and dirty... I'm fancy(ha!)

This is not a place that anyone who knows me would think that I'd settle into, but I do. I love it here. I'm not looking forward to the chilly weather Michigan is having even though once I get there, I will settle in.

I almost feel like this is like my earth and heavenly home. Two places that call my heart, and I'll go whenever God calls.

So today, I'm on my way home, but Haiti, I will see you soon. I loveyou and your people. Forever my life is changed by you.

Comments