In the quietness of the morning

I'm sitting here in the dark waiting for either the generator to be turned on or the city power to come on.

How many of you knew that you need electricity to run water? Well, this is life in Haiti, you go with the flow.

You see, my life is go go go go. All the time. I spent a week going to Detroit and I felt like the energizer bunny. Always on the go.

I come here and I find myself wanting to do "something" and I have to fight that feeling. It actually doesnt take long for my spirit to embrace just being. it is something it longs for. There was a moment when I was sitting with Jude and Leah And we were just talking or looking at my New York pictures or playing dominos and things just "were" and I'll tell you, it was great. It's different but great. 

I embraced being still. 

Sure there was lots planned and a lot of things were accomplished. Lots of crafts, vbs, math/English teaching, games. Whatever the kids wanted to do.  Jumping rope and top spinning, cars and baby doll playing.

The perfect mixture of being and doing while in Haiti. 

Today we go to the hotel, we are going to debrief and relax a little before the rest of the team leaves to go back to the states. 

I'm very thankful for another week and a half here. I'm thankful that I will come back and hug each child and smooch their faces. I'm thankful for hugs and lollipops. I'm sure to be a basket case next week as I say "see you soon" not goodbye.

My time isn't done here. I'm thankful for a few extra days to soak in Haiti. To really embrace it. It is a place that most would think was least likely for me to love, yet it is a place that has captured my heart. 

Forever 

Comments