Let my life be a table of all that is good

And he said to Judah, "Let us build these cities and surround them with walls and towers, gates and bars. The land is still ours, because we have sought the Lord our God. We have sought him, and he has given us peace on every side." So they built and prospered. (2 Chronicles 14:7 ESV)

It's a crazy thing. I want to be part of something bigger than myself. I want my life to matter. Most of my life and some days my life seems so insignificant. People say "your posts are so inspiring". I just post what God speaks to my heart because I struggle everyday to hold on to Him. I live in the world but I am not of the world but that doesn't mean I am not continually feeling that I'm getting sucked in.

I read this verse today in 2 chronicles. And I thought about the things that I am working on or praying about. Whatever it is that is on my heart, I never want it to be about me. I want it to be about Him. I want my plans to be His plans. That I'm walking in His path. So it SEEMS that I am His favorite because I just pray for things in His will. (Clearly Starbucks is from God). I want to stay fruitful and I want my life to overflow of love to pour out into others. Let the things I build be of Him, and no matter what I do I have crazy peace because I have sought Him in all aspects, even if people are jerk faces and try to get me off my game (& know I'm on to you jerk faces and I'm praying for your hearts, I see it and so does God).

I'm thankful and I can't believe that God chooses me for such amazing things. I'm not amazing (ok God did make me pretty awesome) I'm just in love with someone who loved me first, and that seems easy.

I want my life to reflect this verse:

By this my Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit and so prove to be my disciples. (John 15:8 ESV)

That all I do, my God, True Love, is glorified!! And that I produce such fruit that the people in my life, the people in my life can come to the table, to taste and see that The Lord is good.


Comments