Ramblings from Sunday

Sunday, August 4

It's the quiet of the morning but its not quiet. Nothing in Haiti is quiet. It's like New York but devastated.

I love the hussle and bussle of it all.  The two places I like to "vacation" New York and Haiti. What a weirdo.
I'm one of simple pleasures hahahahhaah (now that's funny)!

I'm thankful for this day! 

Yesterday we did such a simple craft... We colored flowers and Brenda helped me hang them on the wall. They loved them. They took such pride in their pretty flowers. I can't even tell you which one i liked best. Some are really detailed, some solid colors, and our beautiful woodla, she makes all things polka dot. Oh woodla, this child, she's so beautiful and so sweet and so sassy, we all adore her. We love them all. I can't put into words how much I love kissing them all good night and telling them that I love them "I love YOU, i love YOU, i love YOU". 

It's not something I can really put into words because I just don't think there are any. There is nothing like Haiti. There are moments when I want to live here everyday and moments when I'm thankful I get to go home, but either way, God's call in my life to love and serve here is evident as my heart explodes and takes in every smile.

We were reading Matthew 5:13-16 last night, wow, salt and light. Salt makes all things better (right Vicki and Lindsay) and light helps us to see the goodness of the world that God has created in us. 

As always, talking about light reminds me of John 1:5

The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it. (John 1:5 ESV)

I want to always be that light. I don't know how often I am really good at that but that's what I strive for. That I will encourage others so they will see the goodness that God created in them, and see His goodness. 

I don't have the access to post a song here, but listen to the song "You hold my world in Your hands" by Israel houghton.  Wow, such comfort in that. I so want to walk in all that He has for me, and no matter how scary it is, I know that He won't let go of me and I'm safe in His arms!!

Thank You Jesus! I can't wait to experience this day! May I catch a glimpse of Your great love for me!

I loveYou.

Sending love from Haiti!

Comments