Singing freedom

My voice sounded no different in Haiti than it does anywhere else. 

My friend Katie said to me once "I've never heard you sing before" well, lets face it, my frien Katie is amazing, intimidating amazing. And the woman can SING! I'd never sing in front of her, my voice is horrible. For a long time, ill be honest, i wish that was my gift until i fell in love with my own gifts.  I have heard it said by the most amazing  music teacher "if you can talk you can sing". I beg to differ.

When I was in Haiti I never really cared about what I sounded like, it was only what would make a child laugh or smile. It was about loving.

I even sang in front of other adults, once I even sang OUTLOUD in a car with only one other person... And half way through the song I realized what I did. GASP! Ok seriously, I was a little freaked out. But... I kept singing! I kept praising Him, not ever giving another thought to it.

God is bigger than my terrible voice.

This might seem like such a small thing. But who wants to be embarrassed by terrible singing? Ever seen American idol outtakes?

This might seem dumb, but God is bringing freedom to lots of areas to my life :) and ill sing about it all my days, no matter who is around!

So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. (John 8:36 NIV)




Comments