An amazing servant

I serve with a lot of awesome leaders. Each with their own set of gifts, who have hearts taken over by Jesus. 

There is one.

My sweet boy. Jon Whaley 

Sometimes I think it's funny that I call this man "my sweet boy" but I gave him that nickname a few years ago and when he's 40 I might still call him that. 

There is something about his heart. It's thankful and sold out for Jesus.

When I bring him a box of fruit snacks and he is so thankful that you might think I gave him a 52" tv.

When I blow out the electricity with my roasters he might seem all mad as he's looking for what is blowing the circuits and then he found out it was my fault, and the grace that Jon has been given is then given by him.

For years I have seen many girls fawn over Jon and people would say "don't you think it's wrong that girls come to alive because they think Jon is cute"

My answer is always the same "nope, I don't care why they come, because they might come for one reason, but they will hear about Jesus, and Jesus will meet them right where they are at".

Jon loves Jesus and it shows in his perfectly imperfect life. His creative genius is amazing to watch (& help implement - out gifts often compliment each other - he thinks it up, I buy the stuff for cheap!)

Jon's smile is infectious, his presence shines the light of Jesus wherever he goes.

Jon is encouraging to people who have greater God dreams! He's got a "you can do it" kind of personality. And he will pray for you if you have a huge God dream and will help you anyway he can.

Jon influences young men in a loving way to love and follow Jesus, not to mention how people's hearts are turned towards Jesus because when he leads worship, he gives people their hearts need to turn their hearts and lives to Jesus.

Jon's life reflects Jesus and the work that God has done in his life. 

There's a million more amazing things I could tell you in the ways God made Jon amazing!

Jon, my sweet boy, I loveyou! You, my friend, are God's masterpiece and I'm super thankful to serve Jesus with you!!

Comments