Beautiful

Sometimes it seems like I've got to go all out. Crazy eliminations of whatever. Exercise 2 times a day. Get to that perfect size, that perfect... Oh I don't know. 

I was a size 6 and I let someone convince me I was fat. I was constantly trying to get to... Oh I don't know. And after many crazy things that have happened, I have chased that size 6 dress for what seems to be forever only to grow weary.

I posted a picture in my favorite dress for throw back Thursday and I got a lot of likes people told me I WAS beautiful.  I'd like to say something, I'd like to venture out on a limb here, I'd like to say something without you, my readers, my friends, thinking I'm conceited.

I might weigh more now than I did then, but I'd like to tell you, maybe to the world I'm not, but I think I'm more beautiful today than I was then. 

You see, now I don't chase things that I might never catch. I don't have to pretend I have it all together. I don't have to pretend to be tough (but don't test the fact that if I have to I'll kick your butt).

I love more than I ever have. I know that true beauty comes from God. It comes from the things of Him.  

Fruit

Love joy peace patience goodness kindness gentleness faithfulness and self control 

It doesn't take me too long to find joy. To find peace. Expressing love to others comes much easier today, certainly I am nicer.

I had to work on some things on the last 9 months and one of the things was to truly believe that God chose me. Because for the most part, people relate to God by the way others. I had to really really get into the Word, I had to pray, sometimes I had to plead with God to feel His love for me.i had to do a lot of affirmations, I had to fight the spirit inside me that said "you're worthless, you don't have value, you're ugly, no one will choose you... For a list  of reasons".

For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago. (Ephesians 2:10 NLT)

I love Jesus and I know that He created me awesome. He is the most beautiful thing, and I was created in His image. His beauty is inside me. 

I finally believe.

I am beautiful 

It doesn't come necessarily from the way I look but... I am cute.

Beauty comes from my heart, and this is clear because I look at my pictures from Haiti (or El Salvador last year) and I see beauty.



I'm thankful. I'm beautiful and I finally believe it.

I hope you believe it about you too.

(The video for beautiful by Christina aguilera)

(The video for redeemed by Big Daddy Weave)

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. (Psalm 139:13, 14 NIV)


Comments