Finding peace... Again

Today I start my new bible study, te last one was soooo good!! I'm super stoked about how God is going to move in my heart and how I will then pour His love, grace, and wisdom onto others. I mean what is the point of receiving that if I can't pour it onto others?

Today it has already blown me away!!

My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. (Psalm 73:26 NIV)

I was just thinking about how many times I fail but thankfully every time I fall and if I feel like I don't have the strength to get back up, He is my strength.

Often people hold things against us, if we have asked for their forgiveness, and we really repent before God, that is all we can do, we can choose to live free. They can, if they choose, to hold things against us, but that is our choice not ours.

I don't, at least i try not to, worry about what others think of me. In order to have peace in my life I can only live my life according to what God has called me to do.  I am not saying that I am perfect at it, but I usually can tell when I'm not in line with God because it is painful like my shoes are too tight.  And so I evaluate my direction. I always, want to be in line with Jesus.

After reading psalm 73:23-24 I almost leaped with joy and cried at the same time!!

Yet I am always with you; you hold me by my right hand. You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will take me into glory. (Psalm 73:23, 24 NIV)

Yesterday, I was so out of whack and didn't have peace, how thankful I was to, once again, read His beautiful mercies that really do seem to come every morning.

I remember my affliction and my wandering, the bitterness and the gall. I well remember them, and my soul is downcast within me. Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of the Lord ’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.” The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him; (Lamentations 3:19-25 NIV)

Comments