Getting ready for the next season!

So it's Labor Day!

I needed this weekend more than I can tell you! This weekend used to mean last minute shopping for school stuff but let's not kid ourselves, I don't wait until the last minute so we just went shopping. 

It was a time to get ready for school and getting back into the routine. 

Now, my daughter is in college and she went away for the weekend... Man, how did she get so old and I stayed so young... Lol

Well this weekend I got the house prepared for winter! I bought a bushel of green beans, that yielded me 16 pints of canned green beans plus 1.5 gallons of frozen green beans. I also froze broccoli too. 

I canned 7 qt jars of peaches which btw is a ton of work and I don't think I'll be doing that again unless 1 of 2 things happen... Either they taste like gold in January or I have amnesia and forget how much that sucked.

I only got about 1/3 of the tomatoes done... I guess that will give me something to do tomorrow :) be jealous!

I had a little get together of the second team that i went To Haiti with... Our whole team couldn't be here but a few of us just chilled out and had a yummy lunch!!

I think I have plantar fasciitis. I had to wear shoes all day and my feet still hurt. When I walk I want to get crutches (I'm really not being over dramatic, it hurts that bad) so I didn't get the rest of the tomatoes done.

This long weekend gave me a chance to get caught up with my house cleaning and start getting my office cleaned out to be a bedroom again (I did not get it done but I did get a big dent. My goal is to get it emptied and then I'll worry about getting the basement organized after everything is downstairs. 

I tend to focus on my failure to complete everything instead of thinking about what i did get done! 

As part of my relaxing on Labor Day (the 1.5 hours that I did nothing) I watched "the help" and while the whole premise of "owning" someone sickens me to death, I thought about how terrible it is that we worry about what others think (the women in the movie are horrible to each other) and how we judge each other, we really need to celebrate each other! Stop being jealous and just love each other!!

So that's it... Labor Day in a nutshell!!

Getting ready for the next season...

Sending love!

Comments