Joy!

It’s a funny thing when I am unsettled, most of the time I think that if I am unsettled, I am not in step with God. Which is how I felt on Monday. So I do whatever I need to do to get back in step with Him. It’s pretty easy, actually! Reading, studying, praying. All in. That’s how I started my day on Tuesday.

Yesterday we had a big meeting at work, and it made me laugh because I was an outlier on the high side for accepting of change, resourcefulness, and optimism. WHAT!?! Me? Are you sure? Actually reminded me of the show “Sanford and Son” when Fred would say “hold on Elizabeth, I think it’s the big one”. (only if you watched Sanford and Son would you understand that reference). WOW! That just makes me laugh, and that if God can do that for me, He can do some crazy things!

I started a new study yesterday in the morning, and a new study at night. LOL. Our church is doing two different studies, and honestly, I just love the Word so much I couldn’t choose, even though I am not in either group, I am doing it on my own. I would love to do the study with someone but I know that it will cause me crazy stress if I commit to something on a day of the week other than what I’ve already got committed.

Yesterday I served at My Brother’s Keeper with some great friends, what a great time to serve Jesus. I love being in the kitchen, and I got to do what I do best, cook a meal! I left there thinking that I am so blessed with the best gifts. I always wished I could sing, I wished so much to lead worship from a stage, I mean really… I love that people from the stage lead people to Jesus because sometimes our hearts just don’t have the words, but music takes us there. But I’ve learned, that my gift, the gift of cooking, is the greatest gift! I just really love it, and everyone has to eat, and when I make a delicious meal and people have satisfied bellies, and it’s apparent in my smile that I love them, I feel like I’m the luckiest person on earth (like I’m God’s favorite). (I mean, I made some yummy carrots yesterday… and that was just so fun to doctor them up – probably not fun to anyone else, but it was fun for me!)

I drove home yesterday just in complete joy, thinking about how God has brought me to this place. How walking in obedience is really the best path. No regrets.

True freedom.

John 8:36 So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.


Comments