My perfect plate

If you could have the perfect plate what would it look like? I mean for me, it’s chicken&dumplings, mashed potatoes, and broccoli and green beans. But that’s me. I can totally make that perfect plate.

Finding a perfect plate in my real life is often difficult. Too much of this, mostly not enough room for something else, and necessary things are completely missing from my plate…

It’s been a busy week. Well, its been a couple busy weeks. We had a great big kick off for our Youth Ministry on Sunday and that means a lot of preparation for me. I have been taking my time to spend time at home just being, getting my house ready for winter (canning, cleaning, moving my office). I have been blessed with a friend who came and pulled weeds for two days in my front alone! What would I have done without her? I’m trying to decide what I am going to do long term with my front yard… but I’m just not going to get ahead of myself. Let’s just get through this weekend, for crying out loud!

Sometimes I have to call someone and say “hey, I’m really sorry but I’ve had a crazy week and I need to spend time at home”. It also means I have to say no to things that I really want to do, some really good things.

Our church is having an amazing bible study on the book of Jonah but honestly, I don’t have a day of the week that I can spare to go to the study. It’s not that it’s not a good thing, it’s just not a good thing for me, right now. I am going to do the study, and attend the large group activities, I just know that I have to be good to myself and not make extra stuff for me to do and something that will (because it will) stress me out about expecting too much of myself.

I have a lot on my plate that God has called me to do. Chosen by Love, the orphanage, and I have taken on an admin position in Youth Ministry. It does seem like I’ve got a lot on my plate. I will tell you, I actually say no to more things in my life than I have ever said no to in my life! I’m also asking for help! I am helping people discover their gifts and use them too!! It’s an exciting time for me! And my time with God has been so amazing! I am in step with Him, over and over He says “don’t worry about what others say to you, just worry about what I say to you”. Sometimes people think I should do more, some say I should do more… but honestly, doing what He says is absolutely amazing! I’m thankful for people who love me and want me to serve with them, and I am thankful for people who are concerned for me, but I pray about so many things… my plate seems perfectly balanced for the first time in my life!

I feel like my fruit is growing, and I’m able to share it with others. It’s a perfectly designed plate. Designed by the Creator of the Universe who loves me more than I can even imagine!

Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;

6 in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight

Comments

Kristin said…
Learning to say no - especially in ministry is sooo hard. But you are using your gifts so well and blessing so many!! That verse from Proverbs is a favorite of mine too!!