Ramblin on...

I don't know what I was thinking when I bought 5 heads of cabbage at the local farmers market especially when I had one ginormous when already at home. I blame Phyllis, she's the one who put stuffed cabbage on the board for a suggestion for the meal planning (lol). They were 5 for $2, I was thinking wow! That's a good deal! 

I made a ginormous (two huge pans) batch of stuffed cabbage, I found my grams Dutch oven (do people now days know it's called a Dutch oven?) and piled the yummy cabbage rolls in it and another dish and covered it with a mixture of tomatoes, tomato paste, chicken broth, and water. They are now cooking in the oven. 

I had a little bit of meat mixture, but honestly no room in the pans, so I made some meatballs out of the rice/meat mixture, browned them up with some onions and mushrooms and one clove of garlic, and now they are simmering in a pan of beef stock.

Yum!

I will freeze the stuffed cabbages in both large and small batches because two people cannot eat that much stuffed cabbage lol and we will also have the meatballs this week for dinner with some yummy mashed potatoes. 

There are certain times of the year that certain meals just seem to "fit" with. Fall is a time for punkin anything or stuffed cabbage. It's because, I believe we were meant to have certain produce at certain times of the year. That's why blueberries and strawberries taste best in early summer. God have us an amazing time table to be able to provide for our families and not have to can/freeze everything at one time.  (I love making strawberry jam). 

I think I could have easily just thrown that meatball mixture in the garbage and who would have known? No one. But instead I whipped up some delicious meatballs that will provide for is one meal this week (making a quick easy meal in our busy schedules).

So now that my stuffed cabbage is cooking away, my meatballs are almost finished, I am going to go for a bike ride, then come home and prepare for the week, washing veggies, cleaning house, praying for many, and praising the God of the universe who made me so different than anyone I know but perfectly imperfect :) for His Glory!

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. (Psalm 139:13, 14 NIV)

Comments